My kids get pretty hungry in the hours leading up to dinner especially when they smell something roasting or baking. I don’t want them losing their appetites, but I feel good giving them a veggie dip with some healthy crudites or crackers. They love it because it looks like guacamole.
This week I used half a bunch of asparagus and needed a way to use up the other half. Asparagus Veggie Dip was born! I used roasted green chiles from our farmers’ market that I had in the freezer, but you can use a can of green chiles too.
Asparagus Veggie Dip, Serves 4
- 1/2 bunch Asparagus, woody stems removed and chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1 tsp Lime Juice
- 1/8 cup Roasted Green Chiles or canned Green Chiles
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 cup Sour Cream
- 1 tbsp Green Onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Tomato, seeded and chopped
1. Cook asparagus in a small amount of water until tender. Drain.
2. In a food processor, mix asparagus, garlic, lime juice, chilies, salt, and sour cream for 30 seconds or until smooth.
3. Mix in tomato and onion. Pour into serving bowl.
4. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve with veggies or crackers.