Preschool Creation Lesson – Day 7
Genesis 2:1-3, New International Version (NIV)
2 By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.
As I was nearing the end of the reading I got a blanket and laid down on the carpet and pulled the blanket over me. We talked about how animals rest too, e.g. bears hibernate during the cold months.
- Hibernation Song
- Hush Little Baby
- Rock-a-bye Baby
- He’s Got the Whole World In His Hands
- Seven Days of Creation Song
- God of Wonders
All songs can be downloaded in a downloadable printable here.
Go Along Books:
- Sleep Big Bear Sleep, Maureen Wright and Will Hillenbrand
- It’s Time to Sleep, My Love, Eric Metaxas and Nancy Tillman
- Time to Sleep, Denise Fleming
After turning off the lights, we got out all of our tents and sleeping bags and played “musical sleeping bags” to a baby lullaby CD we had. Bud grabbed his favorite stuffed animals and cozy blankets and we read books by the light of a flashlight.
“Adapt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Other Days of Creation in this Series
This page is part of a 7 day unit study I did with my preschoolers in our homeschool. Here are links to the other days in the study in case you are interested. Enjoy!
- Day 1: The Heavens and the Earth
- Day 2: Separating the Sky
- Day 3: Land, Sea, Plants
- Day 4: Sun, Moon, Stars
- Day 5: Birds and Sea Creatures
- Day 6: Animals and People
- Day 7: Rest