This past September we started our homeschool year with lessons about Creation. You can read about Day 1 here. Day 2 was another fun day of discovering how God made our world.
Preschool Creation Lesson – Day 2
Genesis 1:6-8 New International Version (NIV)
6 And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.” 7 So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so. 8 God called the vault “sky.”And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.
As I was reading, I put two blankets down to “split” water from sky. We looked outside at the sky and talked about how it is above the earth.
- Row Row Row Your Boat
- Rain Rain Go Away
- Seven Days of Creation Song
- God of Wonders
All songs can be downloaded in a downloadable printable here.
Go Along Books:
- Hello Ocean, by Pam Munoz Ryan – a neat book about experiencing the ocean with all five senses.
- Shapes in the Sky, by Sherman, Josepha, Wesley and Omarr
- Little Cloud, by Eric Carle – this was a really cute book about a little cloud who drifts away and makes shapes. Throughout the week Bud would point out small clouds in the sky and say, “Look! It’s Little Cloud.”
We glued cotton ball “clouds” to blue paper, making different kinds (cumulous, stratus, cirrus). We also went outside, laid on our backs and looked at clouds in the sky.
“God writes the gospel not in the Bible alone, but on trees and flowers and clouds and stars.” – Martin Luther
Other Days of Creation in this Series
This page is part of a 7 day unit study I did with my preschoolers in our homeschool. Here are links to the other days in the study in case you are interested. Enjoy!
- Day 1: The Heavens and the Earth
- Day 2: Separating the Sky
- Day 3: Land, Sea, Plants
- Day 4: Sun, Moon, Stars
- Day 5: Birds and Sea Creatures
- Day 6: Animals and People
- Day 7: Rest